Saturday, February 26, 2011

Anywhere- In rural Maharashtra -Water Colour on paper


This is a water colour which "I treated" like an oil. I walked out on the painting and left it half done for more than a month, only to return back to it today and finish it. This happened merely due to other exigencies, after which I got into static painting inertia for somedays. I finally completed it. The main focus in this is the shadows. I am trying this kind of thing for the first time.I have been fascinated by water colour shadows of late and plan to try out few more , which I shall do with more focus and concentration. This painting is an inspiration from a reference snap clicked by a friend of mine, done after due consent from him.

I think am back in the mood. I have put my oil brushes to wash and clean. Want to do an oil soon. 

No comments: