Thursday, August 26, 2010

Birthday Orchids -WC Pencils


This bouquet was home delivered to me on my birthday, as a surprise.Painting this was a pleasure for me as the flowers and the surprise both were lovely. Even more important was the fact that after years of dreading my Birthday for some personal reasons, I had finally welcomed this year's with an open mind!It is Art which gave me a new lease of life and made me find inner happiness. This post is dedicated to all the people in my life, who have been special to me in the following ways:

Friends, who egged me on and appreciated and encouraged me to paint.

Colleagues, who pushed me to keep on painting.

A few special people in my art world,who changed my entire perspective about art and upped my learning in a major way.

Finally, people who came into my life and made life bad for me, as now I can contrast what I have to what I had and appreciate the sheer beauty and joy of what I have!

As i was painting this, i was listening to Miley Cyrus's "The Climb". I feel the lyrics were written for me!

No comments: