Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Veggies


I wanted to paint some veggetables today and literally snatched out these from the maid's hand. This is done with water colour pencils.A tomato, half a capsicum and some dhaniya (Indian Parsley).Water colour pencils is proving to be a good refuge when I want to do a quick evening sketch after work, but don't want to get into the paraphernalia of linseed and turpentine or get frustrated by a badly turned out water colour.Of course I am using them vigorously for figure studies as well.

2 comments:

Arvind said...

Very nice. WCPencils are indeed a more practical approach. But pls continue with the priceless oils.

Words Uttered in Haste said...

By the way, I have a book I know you'll like. DK EyeWitness, Water Color Workshop II. Even to a neophyte like me, it seems terribly exciting.