You know you have become a maverick artist when:
Posted link to his website
- You start losing interest in the way the clothes are scattered in your house and instead look at their folds thinking how to draw the shadows to show the folds in the garments.
- Your living room has various artworks in various stages of completion!
- You have oil paints on your nails and elbows and don't bother much to remove them.
- You aren't interested in the way the food is cooked but wonder how you will paint the kitchen/ fruits/ vegetebles , so that they look real!
- You want to go to a mall not to shop but to draw people shopping and sitting around.
- You stare at members from the opposite sex not because they belong to the opposite sex but because you want to study the way the clothes have folded and the way the posture can be captured in a drawing!
- You go to a cafe with a special friend and stare hard at the people around, imagining how will will re-draw the scene once you get back home!
- Your house smells of linseed oil and turpentine!
- YOU smell of linseed oil and turpentine instead of Dior or Elizabeth Arden and you just love it!
- Your sunday beauty parlour/hair massage trips have been completely taken over by paintouts!
- You look at the car in front of your car, when driving in traffic, wondering how you will fit it in ina cityscape!
- You stare at trees and leaves and think 'wow! sap green mixed with lemon yellow! ' or you look at the sky and think 'Hey a little veridian mixed with cobalt blue, highlighted with prussian blue and slight touches of crimson red!'
- You aren't bored at the traffic signal, because you are busy clicking snaps of the sky with your cell phone, thinking how you're gonna paint this!
- You are ready to make a trip out of the city when you are dead tired just because there is the promise of an artistic meet out there.
- You wake up at 3 A .M and walk to your easel and make changes to your current work after looking at it from 2, 3 angles.
- You get into sms marathons with artistic people like painters , photographers analysing art/ drawing perspectives and techniqniques!
- Sunday mornings are exciting not because you can sleep late but because you will rise early and go on a paintout!
- Movies are time consuming because they take 3 hours away from drawing!
- You arent bothered about the artist as much for his/ her work of art.
- Finally , when you dip your brush into your cup of tea instead of your cup of linseed oil and hell , God forbid (which I almost did once)... even worse...drink linseed oil while dipping the brush into the cup of tea!
Posted link to his website